Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where are you, Christmas?

So, today is January 6th, also known as the Epiphany, or Little Christmas.

Which, of course, means the end of the holiday season.

The fruit cake is almost gone. I devoured both stollens. The cookes are eaten, and as I write this I'm finishing the last of the sausage, and am savoring the final tasty morsels of the black-eyed peas.

Tomorrow, I'll take down my decorations. I'll replace the Christmas glasses and plates with my usual ones. And everything will be packed away in my storage unit once more, waiting for next December.

This time of year always makes me a little sad. One day, when I'm disgustingly rich and have a big mansion, perhaps I'll keep up a Christmas room year 'round. You know... right next to my Star Trek room, and my super-hero room, and my armory, and my library...

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment